Fitzroy is bounded to the north by Alexandra Parade, south by Victoria Parade, west by Nicholson Street and east by Smith Street.
Where is open space currently located?
Atherton Reserve the only large open space in Fitzroy. There are some small pockets of open space across the precinct, however there is also a distinct gap in open space provision in some parts. Given the level of project growth, new open space is required.
- Strengthen Atherton Reserve's role as a place for informal ball sports and large park.
- Upgrade Condell Street Reserve to create a community park with expanded play and picnic areas, tree planting and greening.
- Create a quality hub of open space around the civic heart of Fitzroy Library and Town Hall.
- Provide a series of new open spaces to address existing gaps in the open space network and cater to future population growth.
- Improve the quality and diversity of recreational facilities in the existing and proposed open space network.