We’re in the early stages of planning for the future of the Chas Farquhar complex in Richmond. This will include exploring ways to bring services together as part of an integrated community hub.
The complex includes three buildings:
- Richmond Kindergarten at 27 Duke Street, Richmond
- The Cubby House at 92-94 Lord Street, Richmond
- The Stables at 19-21 Duke Street, Richmond
We want to know what your experience of this complex has been in the past, and what you would like to see there in the future.
Share your ideas and feedback in the form below by Friday 18 October.
Why are we upgrading these facilities?
There are some issues at the complex that need to be addressed:
- Increasing the number of kindergarten places at Richmond Kindergarten including space to provide 3-year-old kindergarten, which the Victorian Government will be introducing from 2022.
- The Cubby House building is nearing the end of its life, and relocation of current Neighbourhood House services needs to be considered.
- Improving utilisation of the community rooms at The Stables.
In its meeting on Tuesday 4 June 2019 Yarra Council decided to explore transitioning the complex into an integrated community hub which would offer a range of complementary services for children and families. As part of this, we will consider future management models for the hub.